First and foremost, today is Benjamin's bday. Happy bday Ben!
I was planning to hold out blogging until after finals and graduation but I have been deeply moved tonight and I'd like to share it with you! :)
Tonight was the Cal Teach end of the year reception. In my first post in this blog, I mentioned that I decided to participate in Cal Teach in my last quarter at UCI because I've felt that I've missed so many opportunities to give back to the community. I was assigned to Karen Stepanski's fourth grade gate class. Mrs. Stepanski is such an amazing teacher and a wonderful person. I've been so blessed to have had her for a mentor teacher and I can say that although it has been only one short month, its an experience I will remember for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that everyone in that program is an amazing teacher but Mrs. Stepanski is truly exceptional and I will truly miss her and her class after my fieldwork is done this friday.
The reception was awesome. Amidst finals and the end of the year I'm truly thankful that many people found the time to come out to join us. Even the deans of Bio Sci were there! We lit candles to signify the passion of teaching and the mentor teachers got gift card. Mrs. Stepanski got me a twenty dollar gift card to the bookstore at UCI, something she didn't have to do at all. I'll be using that giftcard to buy an alumni license plate frame! I can't come close to my gratitude towards her.
I told her about my plans to apply as an RA and asked for her reference and she was simply glad to do it. She told me that if I ever needed a recommendation letter she would be happy to do that also. That means I have at least 3 recommendations for grad school!!! yay!!!!
So that was that. I'm so very sad to come to fieldwork this friday; its my last day :(.
I'm gonna mention briefly about my 22nd bday. I have the best friends in the world! My bday spanned an entire week and I'm so very thankful for everything <3. I personally hate it when my bday comes around because I hate making plans and have them fall through. I've had bad past experiences. My friends, however, are awesome and they made my 22nd bday unforgettable. They got together and got me a canon sd780is for my bday just for my blog. Thank you guys. Believe it when I say that I cannot express my love and thanks to you guys in words. Just know that I'll always be here for you as you have been for me.
I'll post bday pics and stuff up in about 2 weeks. and by that time there'll be more pics to celebrate GRADUATION WOOOOO!!!
I'm so SCARED but equally EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
<3
ReplyDelete