Okay so I'm back sooner than expected.
This past week was pretty busy, but not so much. I had a midterm Weds that I only started studying for the night before. Its partly my fault and partly due to scheduling. Ok, so I DID go to Frisco but it wasn't like I was gonna study while I was at home anyways . . . I was really really burnt out from that lab report. Anyways, I got a B on that thing and I'm not complaining.
On Thursday, I met my mentor teacher and the class I was going to help teach. Karen Stepanski teaches a 4th grade GATE class at John Muir elementary. I tried, but never got into the GATE program as a child. I was nervous but the good kind of nervous, the excited kind. She is a very nice lady and made me felt really comfortable my first day. I was really surprised at how well behaved and respectful the kids were. I mean, I've heard about the good stories from her class but even then, I was amazed. Every single thing I did, I heard a "Thank you Mr. Nguyen." It was addorable. I forgot how fun elementary school actually was. That Thursday I pretty much observed, helped hung stuff up, and was introduced to the group activities I was in charge of.
I had lunch with Natty that afternoon and almost got in a car accident (b/c of my reckless accident). It seems that whenever I see her, we're always at Chick Fil A. We briefly updated each other on our lives. I'm glad that she's well because thats all I would ever wish for her. If you're reading this dear, I'm really glad we still keep in touch and remain close friends.
On Friday, I came back to Mrs. Stepanski's class. This time I helped the kids with math workshops and made a ballot for their voting thing. I worked with group 4. I'm trying really really hard to remember everyones' names. I seem to remember best the super duper smart kids and the kids who are behind. I really enjoy seeing her class. It was work, but it was fun. I cannot stress how well behaved these kids were, every single one of them. I just know each of them will grow up to be among greatness. I was really impressed by how each recess, Stepanski had a group of 2-3 pick up trash. This really sets the kids up for being good citizens and doing community service as they get older. The stuff I do there may seem trivial, but what I get to observe is priceless. I didn't go out that night. David went to the club but I seriously can't hang. Instead, me and steve went to the gym. Man, freaking Steve is a monster nomatter how you look at it. He'll work you till you get omgwtf-pleasenomoreletmego-pwnt.
Today, I woke up at 7 and rode to Steve's and met up with Tim and Tony for an Alpinestars tent sale in Torrance. I have to admit, when it comes to gear, I'd rock alpine stars all the effing way, man. There were hella good deals and I shouldn't have spent so much but holy moly I couldn't let the deal pass me by. I bought a few shirts, a pair of shorts, a couple hats, a wallet, a couple of belts, and a couple of backpacks that ended up to be 64 bucks. I wanted to buy gear too but I already had gear so yea. Anyways the line was like 2 hours lol but it was worth it. We ended the day by riding to "Tap-X" where Tim's gf worked and then his brother's motorcycle shop. Seems like our bike crew is getting bigger!!! I'm glad I got a good ride today, it really has been a long time. I'm hoping this summer we can arrange a group ride to somewhere super duper far. Oh I saw an 09 zx6r today for the first time on the streets. It was the blue one. Its not as "beautiful" as the 04-06 models but that thing is a beast. Do not attempt to race that shit, at all costs.
That's pretty much it. I have a midterm weds again and formal lab (again) upcoming. I'm not looking forward to it but I guess I rather be busy than be idle.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment