Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Academic Weekly

This past week has been busy and I was in San Francisco till today so here's the update on my academic week.

Monday was my meet and greet dinner for Cal Teach. I was suppose to meet my mentor teacher but she couldn't make it. I was really disappointed because I looked forward to meeting her. It was funny because I went up to a Karen introducing myself but it turned out to be the wrong Karen (my mentor teacher's name is Karen). It turned out that the wrong Karen taught at Jefferson and that's my brother's school. She said she knew my brother's teacher and she'll be looking out for him now haha. Anyways I missed both my neurobio lecture and dev cell lecture for that dinner. It wasn't a complete loss though; free food and I did get to meet other teachers. We played that one game where you had to guess the word on your back. In this case, they were educational words. I didn't take any pictures but here's a picture of my nametag thing and the words I had.



T-1 Day till the lab's due: Marsh Tour

I had to go on a mandatory Marsh Tour for my liminology class. I didn't even know we had an arboretum but we apparently did. This was Thursday and my lab was due the next day. I was pretty tired and stressed but this was the last tour the prof was giving so i had to go. I brought my camera to make the best of it. The marsh was pretty "boring" for the normal person. Just a bunch of endangered plants and animals but the professor is very enthusiastic about it. He dedicated his time to do something like 5 or 6 tours per quarter he teaches this class so I thought that was cool. I'm glad I went. Sometimes, you don't have to like what you're doing to appreciate someone else's passion for it.

I saw one of my lab partners at the marsh tour and noticed his division 4east tshirt. I talked to him about my key club days and it really brought me back. I really miss those days.

Oh and the professor really reminds me of Mr. B from Rancho in looks and personality. He's really eccentric but down to earth. If any rancho kids are reading. you'll see the resemblance!

Here are some pics I took from the marsh:


This whole week has been pretty much dedicated to my formal lab for dev cell. It was really stressful and I couldn't even go to the gym. Usually I am able to study at the gym but you can't bring a lab to the gym. My lab partner really procrastinated and I had to help him out a great deal. The dude is taking 23.7 units so its pretty intense for him. He got accepted to dental school so I'm excited for him. It makes me wish I studied more and did more planning. My options would be much wider if I had. Anyways I ended up finishing it on time. I think I wrote a pretty damn good lab, but we'll see.

As soon as I turned in my lab on friday, I packed and headed for san fran. It was an awesome trip! like I said, I just got back and i'm pretty tired from driving. I have a midterm weds but i'll let tomorrow brandon worry about that. I'll post some pics sf as soon i get them.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty eventful week. Mine was shit. I don't know if the pictures you took still look good if you click on them because my internet is still being a bitch but the the thumbnails look pretty cool. haha.

    ReplyDelete