I've always loved strawberries but I just realized, about 20 seconds ago, that I no longer love them like I used to. Maybe it's because the ones I've eaten as of late are not sweet. Either way, I guess your taste changes over time to some things.
So I survived the long week that I blogged about in my last post and I did well on all the tests!! I'm so proud about myself. It's been awhile since I've seen such good grades college classes. I wish I had studied this hard in my undergrad years :P but I'm glad I'm doing it right this time around.
I hadn't gotten into details in awhile so i thought i'd do it now. i'm too lazy to post any pictures so just bear with me.
I had a pretty fun last couple of weekends. I finally got to go to the wild animal park with cynthia last friday and it was very exciting! saturday we played beer pong and I wasn't suppose to get drunk but I did anyways. Studying on Sunday was unproductive because I was so hung over. Sunday night we went to see paranormal which totalled screwed me over because i'm so scared of scary movies. That night, I went to my first knott's halloween haunt with cynthia, mimi, and khoa. I must admit it was pretty fun. I couldn't even sleep that night cuz of paranormal.
I went to hang out with tu, steve, tony, tim, hung, sonny, and daniel this past thursday after I got out of class. We went to buffalo wild wings in bueno park and I have to admit, that place is pretty good. After dinner we saw law abiding citizen, a pretty intense movie. Friday, I had dinner with leo, tu, steve, tony, cynthia, billy and billy's friend ann. Small world because Ann was grove's key club vice president the same time I was treasurer. This was the first time cynthia met my hs buddies so i was kinda excited about that. we went to play pool after that. Michelle and cuzzy kept calling and texting telling me to come over, but I couldn't just leave my friends since they didn't wanna drink. I felt kinda crappy about that but its okay, theres always next time. Everytime me and leo get together, we become idiots again and reminisce about old times. Me and that guy used to have every class together and we were best friends in hs. Now I only see him now and then, but it's okay. We'll always be the best of friends and nomatter how long it's been, its as if a moment never passed when we get together again. That's what I love about my friends, especially my hs buddies (since i hardly see them). They're always there for me, unconditionally. I feel like only a handful of people really know who I am, and they are definitely a part of that group.
so cynthia meeting my hs buddies is definitely a big step. There's only several more important people in my life that she hasn't met. All this has made me realize that I do genuinely like her more than I thought I could ever again. Since my breakup with natty I never really thought i'd find someone i'd like that much again. Cynthia was totally unexpected and random. I'm in a point in my life where my priority is my education and future but I guess you can't control stuff like that. And everything's been difficult for us so far, but I'm still pursuing her, something i've never had to do for a girl before. I guess there's a first for everything.
And honest to goodness, I'm scared to death. So much is at stake if this doesn't work out and I knew this coming into it. I guess what i'm scared of the most is getting hurt again. No one likes the feeling of a broken heart, because nomatter how many hours you spend at the gym, nomatter how good of a guy you are, or nomatter how much her parents and brothers and sisters love you, if her love's gone, nothing else matters. but tu and tony are right. life's too short to hesitate and calculate.
All I really want is to find that one girl who is willing to stick with you through the years, who you can tell your crappy stories to, and spoil with what money you do have. I think that's what we all fight for, at the end of the day. I really hope that I have already found her.
yesterday I went to eat with my dad at black angus. The meal was delicious and I always enjoy spending time with my dad. It reminds me of old times and I miss him everyday. Sometimes i wonder how life would be different if him and my mom were still together, idle thoughts, i know.
anyways, this upcoming week is gonna be another long one. i studied today and yesterday with flora. it's good to see her again. I haven't seen her in the longest time and i must admit, i was beginning to miss her. she's always gonna be one of those that know me best.
when i started writing this entry, i was planning to go to the gym afterwards. now i'm just tired :P but glad to be alive.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As you may already know, it's the same thing for me right now. At a time when I wanted to focus purely on myself and future, 'you know what' hapened. I would have never in a million years thought I'd be where I am now like this. It took me forever to get over last year and honestly didn't think I would recover from it but I'm no longer regretting that part of my past where I used to always want things to go back to the way they were. I'm good with where I am now. If it didn't happen, I wouldn't know how happy I could really be. Shit, can you tell that I'm starting to change because of this? haha. FUCK ME!
ReplyDeleteBasically what I'm saying is that you should always expect the unexpected because anything can happen at any given time. There are always two kinds of unexpected. The extremely good or the extremely bad. The only catch is that you never know when it's going to end therefore you just have to take it easy and enjoy it while it lasts. So whenever something happens, even if nothing comes out of it, just smile and appreciate the moments because if it didn't occur in the first place... well, you wouldn't know would you?
Anyway, I enjoyed reading this post. You sound pretty content with your life and the direction that it's heading in. I'm glad for you.
<3